View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #33
Clarance J

Re: Just another old truck.

Hello again, Earl here aka Clarance J. Earlier in my thread I posted some pictures of a real nasty truck in bad shape. What my intentions were, is to show the bad things that happen after a time of neglect. In 1975 I had done alot of the things to my truck within my limited knowledge that the average builder is doing today and through the years. Clarance got all the usual things.The old hand painted house paint job got sand blasted off and a new coat of yellow put on. He got new brakes, wheels and tires, upholstery, and I put in a 69 GTO tilt column that at the time was only 6 years old. In the very first picture of my thread you can see the column and the bracket I made to put my Am/Fm cassette in under the dash. In the radio cutout I put a clock. So with rebuilt 327 motor and all the other stuff it was time to do what I put him together for. Drive it. So what I have here is not just a my build thread but my Rebuild of my Rebuild thread. In another 30 to 40 years I hope Clarance is still around and some young person will be saying to his friends Hey!!! Look what I just found. It will look really cool if..........................