View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #219
68Stepbed

Re: Project: LS1ick68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae View Post
Your truck is amazing. I'm getting ready to start a 5.3L swap into my '71 using an almost identical setup and you've given me some great ideas on how to keep it clean. (I love your spark plug wire conduit solution!)

I'm going to be using the TH350 that's already in the truck, and it looks like it's quite possible it has those same "ears" that yours did and I'm getting a little worried about header clearance, since I was thinking of using the same ones you did. Once you had the tubular engine mounts in, did the Camaro manifolds clear everything ok, or was there still a clearance issue somewhere?
Thanks! About the wire looms, though. They're in the way of being able to use a dipstick. I used a Lokar dipstick, but had to shorten it, and I really can't get it out to check the oil.

The Camaro manifolds actually would have worked well with the tubular mounts. I just went with headers since they were inexpensive enough. Another option is the Hooker manifolds if you wanted to go in that direction.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote