View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #181
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Re: Project Family Truckster: 2wd Conversion Turbo LSx Blazer Build

Got the AC compressor on. Fits tight to the center of the engine, which should give penty of room for turbo plumbing around it.

My partner in crime wanted to help.

Threw the core support on and got the AC condensor and drier mounted.

Threw the grille on for giggles. Also got the Jeep composite headlights installed.

Started messing with the radiator. Made some fan mounting bosses and welded them to the end tanks. Not sure I like how this "direct fit" radiator works, so I may hold onto it for another project and find something else.

Got the bulkhead connector for the transmission controller mounted in the firewall as well.

My brother fabricated an aluminum mount for the Megasquirt 3x, Megashift trans controller, and the RTMR fuse/relay block. This will mount under the dash, on the firewall. He also got the wiring for the rear of the truck done, and tucked into the framerails.

Started with a pile of aluminum with the intention of building a rear seat frame.

Started on the front seat brackets as well. Had to modify them to make them fit the floor of the blazer.
Stock bracket once removed from the seat.

Tacked together and ready for welding.

Lastly, cut the flanges off the exhaust manifolds, and did a lot of grinding, to get rid of the parting lines, and other casting BS. Once the seats are done, turbo fabrication begins.
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote