View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #1461
DCI TIGER

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Part II

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome. When I get back to the shop computer, I will post some more pic's of the different things we modded on the truck. knomadd, I think I will start another thread and post pic's to show how we did some of the different things on the truck. You guy's will probably pick up (no pun intended) on some of the more discrete mods we have incorporated in the build. If you look close at the pic's you can see the side marker lights are flush now. We did this using 78 Trans Am marker lights.This is one of the many modifications and visual enhancements we made. Another is the gas fill cap. We used a roll lock cap and fabbed a steel piece to mount it on the cab to make it look factory. There are several little things like that all over the truck, and we had guy's study the truck for hours to try to find them all. The rear bumpers are made from two 68 Camaro front bumpers. We still need to finish under the hood and interior as well as put the custom built polished stainless side pipes on yet. I think I am going to bag it too so that I can get the stance right. Currently we just lowered it about 3 inches and it still is not right. This truck took us about 3,000 combined man hours to get this far and we still have a ways to go, but we are close. Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome and kind comments.

Thanks,
Don Johnston
DCI MOTORSPORTS INC.
330-850-5050 shop
330-628-3354 cell