View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #202
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Thanks guys. Pulled the trigger on a new welder. Wanted to get the Millermatic 211 but could not justify the cost. Ended up getting an Eastwood 220 Volt MIG. Comes with a spoolgun and free shipping for $499. All the reviews I read were good so we'll see. Also, bought a 100' 8/3 extension cord off of Craigslist for $60.

I got the final portion of the trans tunnel bent and welded in. I have decided on the final location of the e-brake so, time permitting, it may get installed tomorrow. Decided to use the factory piece it mounts to that I got out of the donor and simply weld tabs to it so I can bolt it in place. It will be an inch or so off the floor to clear the rear floor beam. I intend to install the tabs under the unit so they are out of the way of the carpet, etc. Helps with installing the cables to have it removable. The cables will exit thru the wall in the back of the cab. Had to cut and reweld the floor in three places to relieve some of the floor warpage/dents and get it to meet up with my tunnel piece. I keep having to remind myself that all this stuff will be under paint, dynamat, carpet and, in some cases, the center console.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote