View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #582
cAlvis165

Re: Project: Turbo 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
I was thinking about using Marine grade plywood for the wood bed and bolting in a sheet of polished Aluminum Diamond Plate 1/8" over top of the plywood for looks and strength as I will be using this truck when I am done.... Any thoughts on this????
Beware that the salt and chemical content in treated/Marine plywood may corrode the aluminum plate quickly. I tried to wrap some treated wood with the aluminum stock and it rusted through in just over a year. I was using a very thin trim stock (like flashing metal from your local home-improvement store) so thicker material would last much longer.

Having said that, I know that the marine world uses aluminum trim on pontoon boats with marine plywood all the time. So maybe it's not a problem... Just something you may want to check into.

Oh by the way, I love the way the engine bay is coming together. Also, diamond plate in the bed would l00k awesome!

DD 2000 Chevy Suburban 4x4/5.3 Vortec/4L60E/4:10s, 18" Escalade rims, Electric fans
Project Dooley One-Ton 4x4 on 38.5s Corn-binder build

Last edited by cAlvis165; 04-11-2013 at 09:05 PM.
cAlvis165 is offline   Reply With Quote