View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #837
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

I normally wouldn't post a trip of this nature, but because of the circumstances surrounding it, and the fact that some members of the site contacted me to help, I figured it was worthy of posting for that reason alone.

So here are some pics to go along with the previous story.

The drive out is fairly long and there are some stretches where cruise control would be nice. I don't have cruise control, but I do have hilbilly cruise control!!

With the amount of torque this thing makes, speed doesn't vary much more than a couple/few +/- where I set it.

Remnant of a bygone era:

Dunes!!

Made it to San Diego. Just have to go the 40ish miles up to Carlsbad now:

For some reason there is a lack of pictures for the next few hours......

The next morning this was the view from in front of the truck:

Shortly after those pics, we were on our way:

No pics were taken during the repairs due to time constraints.

Sea World!!

It is amazing the amount of water these things can move with no effort whatsoever:

Preparing to leave town:

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the

I could have used them a couple days ago.....

This area is pretty neat. Its like it is made of piles of weathered granite boulders:

Well, we have been to 13,114' in elevation, now we find ourselves here:

The Space Age Lodge in downtown Gila Bend:

What was found when we got home:

I'd say we did a pretty good job cleaning the cooling system out in the time frame we did it in. I guess we could have spent a few more hours on it, but we really didn't have that time to spend. I figured this is what would happen in the end and a little oil in the water is better than a little water in the oil... So we ran it. It worked. We made it home. I would have been just fine without the oil cooler failure. A nice relaxing few days would have been nice, but even with the mayhem, we still had a great time and even better, got to meet some great people.