View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #44
da_bears_da1

Red face Re: [B]65 Stepside Frame off Resto[/B]

We have finally gotten the outer rockers installed. We got different doors from a fellow forum member; mine were half filler that I got with the truck. Got them soda blasted, finished our other work and got to the rockers. The fun part on the driver's side was that the inner rocker I bought from Classic Parts of America was about 1.5" shorter on the front side than the back. We had to fabricate a piece and weld it on to the inner rocker to get the necessary length to be able to weld the outer rocker to it. Here is the driver's side.
[ATTACH]Name:  DSC_0276.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  25.5 KB[/ATTACH]
Name:  DSC_0274.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  45.7 KB
On the passenger side it was no fun at all. The PO cut off both the inner and outer rockers and attached a new outer rocker with filler. He apparently drove it that way for a while so when we put our new outer rocker on we were about an 1" off length wise. It turned out that since the floor was so full of cancer and the rocker was held on with filler the passenger side relaxed about 3/4 of an inch. We had to pull the door pillars together and then weld a brace in to get the cab back in shape. Once we got through that, it was pretty smooth sailing. Just had the normal adjustments to get the parts to fit. Here is how it turned out.
Name:  DSC_0281.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  38.5 KB
Name:  DSC_0280.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  37.9 KB
For any other newbies out there that read this, BRACE YOUR CAB BEFORE YOU CUT ANYTHING!

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote