View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #259
Xeen

Re: 1968 Chevrolet SWB Stepside Restomod

Hey all;
The 20 circuit wiring harness from Speedway came in yesterday.
The PCM comes back from programming today.
The PCM mounting bracket also gets delivered today.
I now have everything to complete the swap.
The final piece of the puzzle will be a driveshaft once I have installed the engine and transmission and can take the necessary measurements to have one cut down or made.
Since the weather is finally deciding to cooperate I should be able to go full blast again starting thursday, so barring any major unforseen problems it wont be long before I can drive this beast.
Lets just hope I can get properly motivated to work hard to get this done in a timely manner, because it always takes me some time to really get back into the swing of things after a long break like this one.
Wiring isn't one of my strong suits, I don't have alot of experience in extensive wiring jobs, so there will be a learning curve here and I will have to go slow to make sure I do it right, fortunately for me the engine, transmission, charging system, ignition system, fuel system, electric fans and cruise control are on the standalone harness so it operates independently from the rest of the truck wiring which takes some of the complexity out of it and reduces my chances of error which will speed things up.
There are still some little jobs I need to finish before final assembly like repairing a one inch section of the pinch weld between the windshield support and dash, painting the interior floor and things like that.
I also need to verify the work I have already completed to make sure things are properly torqued and things of that nature, before the first drive.

Last edited by Xeen; 04-24-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Xeen is online now   Reply With Quote