View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #147
Big Rat

Re: Big Rat's 1979 C10 High School Hot Rod Restooo

Hi. How's things? Good? Yeah, me too. So, didn't do anything last weekend. My daughter decided it was going to be her 9th birthday last Saturday. I know, I know. How inconsiderate of her. She threw a party and had all her friends over to spend the night. I punished her severely for the multiple counts of vandalism and aggrivated assault on me. Today the wife bribed me with Lowes and Harbor Freight to take her to get some sushi, but I did manage to get a little something done and I'm hoping to get a little more done tomorrow.

Why is it that the most comfortable seat in the house is the 'ol bench seat from your truck sitting on the garage floor? I'll take a rain check from workin on the truck to sit here and watch these two little bozos any day!!!

Went for a leisurely stroll in the field, as Bomp would call it, and noticed this on the fender of my '69. Just thought it was neat. 292, how cute.

I'm a classy broad, yet I'm always catching grief for my classy Coors Light! So I went and picked me up some of my REAL favorite! Oh you have GOTTA try this stuff! Suwweeeet sippin beer! Better than apple juice!

I guess we can get to the boring stuff. Figured I better get these clean if I want the sharpie to stick!

Watch for my wife, I might be in trouble cleanin spindles in the kitchen sink!

CRAP! Here she comes! I'll just throw them in my custom built spindle steamer!

All better. Cleaned all the rust off, washed the bare metal with water, and put on a fresh coat of rust. Feels good to make circles of progress.

Pulled out my "part painting hanger upper" and put my days of paintin railcars to work! I swear, I've used this crane for just about every step of this build so far. Money well spent. Well played HF, well played.

Painted and textured the spindle posts green, not bad eh?!

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote