View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
OrangeAnimal

Re: Bowtie Overdrives? Worth it?

I called a place and found some advice but I still need a core. So I listed my 700R4 for sale or trade. Got a call but the 4l60e he has is from a 96 Vette. So alas I am still on the hunt. Finding a decent core that is the correct year 93 or 94 isn't easy. I have been told others can be made to work and the differences are PWM and the 2-3 solenoid on the newer ones. I could possibly use a 95 but I would have to stake the pwm plunger in the valve body or I would not get (or fully get) lockup. It's a little confusing after awhile I forget which ones had what and have to go back and look again.

I have looked at Phoenix Trans their price is a little out of my budget. I am honestly looking to stay at 1800 total for this deal. I see this as being completely doable. That would be including shipping and torque convertor. I am not drag racing this truck. It's a daily driver with the umph the factory should have given it.

I need a decent trans that will last behind a 383 w/ 300hp/400ft-lbs........ For the above mentioned amount. Keep in mind I don't tow anything there isn't even a hitch on the truck and I rarely haul anything over a couple hundred pounds in the bed of it atleast until my wife kicks me out for spending too much money on this whole truck LOL.
OrangeAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote