View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #192
67c10rustbuket

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Still here buddy. Hardesty has some great advice for you. .024 solid wire, slow down and either turn the heat up or wire speed down if it is popping or globbing, the 75/25 Ar/Co2 setting should be 25 CFH when your on the trigger so it is typically set to 30ish when you're not on the trigger. Make sure you are actually getting flow out of th tip and clean the tip regularly. If you are using an extension cord make sure it is the same wire gauge as the welder and or the house wiring and just long enough to get around whenre you need it, (dont use a 50 ft 18 ga extension cord). I have a 12/3 cord that is 12' when needed for my Hobart 110v. I noticed personally when I used the copper weld primer that I had to increase the heat but maybe I sprayed it on a little too thick. I have also heard many complaints about HF mig wire. If you are using HF wire you might want to try something else, hobart,miller, or lincoln wire.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote