View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #7328
Baker819

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Parked mine in the barn and started the converison to disc brakes The poor drum brakes... Hauling loads of 400 lbs was getting scarey. I know its limits but thinking about some winged car whipping out in front of me and stomping on the brakes is was the real scary part.

I will do a build up on the converison and post it when I am when I got some free time. Nothing crazy but it's a little different than your standard buy a kit install. #1 difference is I researched where all the parts were made and found almost everything made in America to replace my old parts... Even the rotors, which almost no one pours rotors in the states any more. The rotors are from early classic. Stock ball joints and 6 lug (which I wouldnt want to change) Brand new cross shafts, pitman arm, idler arm, u-bolts for cross shafts/a-arms, tie rod ends, disc brake spindles, wilwood 2 piston calipers, rebuilt steering box and misc small parts. The 2 piston calipers are direct upgrades for the stock calipers so I dont even have to fab up a bracket.