View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
longhorn70gmc

Re: 69 LONGHORN • Need a little advice, please.

One owner, well kept and still running strong drive train. Healthy brakes, decent to good tires. Body trim accounted for and not damaged. Common rust in the expected cab areas. All the gages work and the fuel is healthy. Heater at least works, A/C a plus. truck not to dinged up, the bumper looks like it can be hammered back out. Original manuals still in possession and Protecto plates which should be in his history file on the truck, (over all a complete truck) I would sell it between 25 and 28 hundred. If it has unforeseen nasty rust in the floor areas, no Protecto plates and the bed wood is deteriorated real bad the tires are fair to dry rotted and the hood or bed have bad dents and the lights work when they want then 1200 to 1500 is fair. It also depends on the region your in and reviewing local car swap web sites can tell a standard sell price for you on the trucks offered. My 72 Super Cheyenne in almost excellent shape minis the protecto plates with new tires and various other new parts No rust just sold for 3800 late last year to a gentleman in NM. In my opinion you still have a decent looking truck and it could be made into an excellent restorer truck for some one. I would ask for 2800 and go from there. These trucks are starting to rebound on value because ratrods are burning out and focus is shifting. Good luck and I hope you find a good buyer whom will help it live on.
R/Billy

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote