View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
Gnarlyrider27

New to the site and have a question

Okay so I have a 1978 Chevy C-10 short bed with a 350 and TH-350 trans. It's also the heavy half. I bought it for a buck from my grandfather 15 years ago. He passed away about 7 years ago and figured I would build it in his honer. The engine has 7,000 on the last full rebuild but because it sat I pulled it and put all new gaskets and repainted the engine. My question now is the emission stuff. I wasn't here when my buddies took off all the vacuum lines and they didn't take pictures or anything. Looking online says I need the smog pump and air induction tubes but in the Chilton it doesn't show the smog pump or the tubes till 79. My truck is a early 78. The engine also has all the emission stuff for a 79 on it besides cats. Also have the stuff is just there and doesn't do anything or even connected to anything. So next week when I go to smog my jeep I plan on asking more about it but figured I would try here first. I want very little emission stuff on the engine but I still want it legal for Cal emission.
Gnarlyrider27 is offline   Reply With Quote