View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #10
no_rice

Re: Any 22"s in rear on 4/6" static drop?

thanks!

i dont know the backspacing on them, apparently im going to have to pull them off soon and measure it, because alot of people have asked... although it has a late 70's whole front crossmember and suspension under the front so im not sure if the wheels would sit the same on an actual 72 style disc front?

wheels are,
front 20x8.5 = 245/40/20
rear 22x10 = 285/35/22

it is a leaf spring rear truck, so it has an axle flip kit which is good for close to 6" from my measurements, and it seems to me that those old original springs have sagged probably close to an inch... if i get a small c-notch put in id like to put an inch block in to drop it down another inch in the back, but the way it sits right now that wont work(ive got maybe 1 1/2 - 2" suspension travel) i relocated the upper shock mounts back towards the rear of the truck. after the axle flip, the shocks were at about a 45 degree angle and did nothing! got lucky and found a universal shock mount kit at oriellys that bolted right into the second(empty) hole in the factory shock mounts. also put air shocks on the rear so i could adjust it as needed.

the front is 3" drop springs and cpp modular 2" drop spindles. thats another reason im not sure whatever back spacing it is im running, will work for everyone. i wanted to go with a 2.5 or 3" drop spindle, but i REALLY wanted to suck the wheels in some, so i settled on the cpp modular ones so it narrowed up the front wheel track and they clear the inner fenders better at the lower height its running while still having plenty of wheel movement available.
no_rice is offline   Reply With Quote