View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #10
SS Tim

Re: 1967 Chevy truck Mirror Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
Thanks for the reply SSTim. As for the inverted parking lights I was hoping you guys wouldn't notice, no explanation why PO did that, its definitely on the list of things to correct. Im liking the chrome on it though. Why its important to me is I would like to make it as correct as possible, its a nice low mile original paint survivor and deserves it. Just looking for help. If I could find a super nice original white bumper it might go on along with NOS white hubcaps...
Not notice... Really? :-)
Understand your intent to make a more stock appearance (which I support). So to that end I must add that the completely correct trim for you truck is all painted. In fact the emblems and letters are the only front end chrome on your truck "as built". The 67 base truck is very sparse and was often dressed up post-factory. Even the factory dressed it up a bit more for 68 with a contrasting painted panel. The other issue is that the dress parts are far easier to find as reproductions/replacements and often cheaper than the base painted style parts.

Tried finding an original truck picture and I am still coming up empty but have a lot more folders and files if time permits. Though I am leaning towards a black head based on brochure images for both Chevy and GMC in 67. Good luck with your project.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote