View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #516
Twisted6

Re: Tricked-out Chevy six cylinder engines

Well the dist. has the DUI stuff 50,000 coil and mod. If I remember right 8m. wires and it has been set-up using a dist. machine to handle the 8000.That intake was first on my old 250 built up with a crane cam 38-7200 power band beefier springs then what crane called for. Pistons started life as a 12.5-1 for a 307.They were fly cut .225 to clear the 583/607 lift cam which turned the pop-up in too a 3staged piston dome. Stock rods with ARP studs,
bottom end is other wise stock. Stock oil pump. The head on the main build was a 194 which put the more between 13.9-1 an 15-1. The head gasket would only hold up to about 3, 1/4mi passes before blowing it. So to be able to run a 3day weekend event I swap to a larger head to bring the compression down to around 11-12-1. And yes this is just a stock cast iron head. And at that time had no lump ports.
This new motor is now at 13-1 with a New cam which is just under 700 lift. which also had (key word being had) my first style bolt-in , which has now been replaced with My newer
G2 lump kit. The same tunnel ram will be used till I finish my newer Alum 3x4 one with other improvements to it.

On that older motor which was just over 17yrs old. When I was testing different intakes
Offey 4b, Clifford 4b, and dual 4b. My 3x4 out ran and performed the best. and the ETs showed that.
And yes they are holley 450s Pretty much stock out of the Box. And I am now also working on a billet air cleaner for it. Or at least a better looking one kinda maybe old school but none the less it will still be of billet.