View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #1180
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Looks good man! You'll always have bugs to work out or parts that fail, or things that got over looked. We took the 72 and my vette to a show a few weeks back. Guys were doing burn outs so my brother Nick took the vette to do one. He drove up turned around and stopped. Started getting ready to do one and it went to idle..... He swerved over and parked it. I was like WTF? The throttle cable broke. Great. So my other brother Scott goes and gets the 72. Pulls on the street and starts bringing the engine up in R's. I swear he waits til 4k and lets the clutch out, blah, it died. He tried to restart it and nothing. Nick walks down and does some investigating. The injection pump never got finished being timed. SOB! The nut almost fell off and the gear popped off the injection pump shaft. Luckily I had the adapter on the front cover to run my tacj or the nut would have made me more work to do. That sucked, especially with a crowd and our name on the side of the door! Oh well. Haha You just fix em and go on other wise they'll just sit there because you're too mad to work on them. I know I've been there more than once.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote