View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #1183
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Yeah, this heat is weird after all the decent weather which we usually don't get in August. Your dinner sounds tasty for sure!!!
Well August can be plenty hot, even late august, but it's certainly a PITA now. Which is why I had a short night in the garage. All I did was pull off the rear bumper, sand it with some 320 and sprayed it with epoxy primer. Also cleaned up and sprayed the door mirror mounts too. I'll let that cure tonight, then tomorrow I will scuff the front bumper again, and spray both bumpers and mirror mounts black.

The door handles I sanded with 320 yesterday, and the 1 good mirror head I had also. If I can find the time and energy I will try and spray them with the tinted clear. I'd like to get the vent windows installed tomorrow night too. At that point it will basically look like a completed truck, or nearly enough to fool most people.

See you fellows tomorrow night. Senior pics wednesday morning. I'm gonna try and snap some pics of my own during that session, as long as the photographer doesn't have a hissy fit.

Next project?
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote