View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Re: How to make a 1050 Dom list 8896 streetable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 C-10 KID View Post
The 1050 is slightly used. I traded a electric choke quick fuels for it. Ya every thing is race race. Not for street use. Lol. Hell with that I'm going to test that theory.
It ran like a dream. They were so much fun. Streetable, responsive ran clean on the low end. If I can't figure this 1050 out I will slam them back on. I leave for Boise for the Halloween classic in 6 weeks. So I have some tweak time.

When I talked to AED about the blocks and what I was looking to do all he recommend was the blocks. Never gave up any info on any tune ups that will get me close. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just might try and use the same idle and low speed tune up as a 850. In theory sure it will get me close enough for a base tune.
I'm just trying new things to broaden my experience as a racer and wannabe tunner.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

For some reason I read into that this is a street/strip ride. First thing would be to set it back to box stock. Probably won't know IFR without using a drill bit or something else to stick in the hole and then measure with a caliper. Of course this won't matter if you immediately swap out the blocks for the AED ones. Those will probably come with 31-33 IFR's. Also need to check the air bleeds. The idle (farthest outside) should be 53's. The inters are 63 and HAB on the inside are 40's (stock).

I haven't done much with 3 circuits so I am not that familiar with the relation of the 3. Just at first glance, the 53's seem pretty small and the 40's seem pretty big. Most 4150's are in the 70-75 range for idle and the highs are 28-33. Once again that interm circuit might have a big effect on the other 2. Sure is easy to bump those 53's up though to lean out the idle charge but dropping down the IFR size to start with might be a better initial move. I'm thinking out loud so sorry if I'm all over the place.

What part of PDX are you? I grew up in Hillsboro and lived last in the Tigard/Lake Oswego area before moving to Bend.
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote