View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #252
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

So, I'll preface this with:

In light of the conversation storm that came up after I'd already ordered (and received) the equipment to do my hydrobost and power steering plumbing, I went ahead with the process, instead of sending all of the parts back and ordering all new steel components. Yes, I know it's aluminum. Yes, I understand that there are those of you that are opposed to the direction I took. Yes, I assume all responsibility for the decisions that I've made.

That being said, I went ahead and did it anyway. Aside from a little bit of trimming of the left inner fender well, and building a bracket to keep one of the lines off of the steering shaft, I think it looks pretty darn good. And, some day soon, when the engine is running again, I'll be able to test it. But, it is currently in place and everything is tightened down to spec, so we won't continue to argue the point. (Or, rather, I won't, but feel free to voice your opinions.)

This was my punch list at the start...

Lots of pretty, new parts.

And this was my punch list at the end. I got to cross 5 items off, and I'm pretty darn happy about that.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery

Last edited by gerfunken; 09-20-2013 at 08:35 PM.
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote