Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #41
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

Bout that time,i worked on puttin all the new bolts in had to enlist my sons help defiantly takes someone holdin the carriage bolts down from the top while someones underneath puttin the nuts and washers on. due to my sons short attention span/lack of interest, i figured out if i put the dolly i was usin when i pounded out all the dents on top of the bolts, it would hold m down enough so i could get the nuts/washers on there.i had ordered a new set of wheels thru summit. i had to special order them from centerline they took forever and then i got a note from summit they were gonna take alot longer, and they couldnt say when they would be around. that fell through, so i figured out what i could use that they had in stock for the price of the centerlines. i ended up goin with the summit racing fast 5s i was able to get new rims tires lug nuts valve stems/two new wheel adapters for the same price. i was tryn to not use the adapters but i would have had to special order 5 on 5 bolt pattern, unless i got steel wheels. i was contemplating that but ended up goin with the polished aluminum wheels/ adapters w/ the right back spacing for the rears im not a fan of big hoops so i stayed with the 15 inch wheels 15x10 in the rear/15x7 in the front. i was goin back n forth with my buddy about the bolt pattern. i was goin with the 4.75 bp i knew the adapters were . he thought you were sposed to measure from center to center on the lugs come to find out they want you to measure from the center of one to the outside edge of the other. i ended up ordering the right ones, but there was doubt there for a minute. while i waited for them to come in i dealt with the front suspension they had torched the springs to lower the truck i ended up replacing them with 2 1/2 drop spindles and stock springs i ended up replacing the brake rotors/ bearings one of the rotors had a crack in it.{figures}alot of work to get the suspension right and to not be hacked. the truck was a little lower at the end but not much of a difference in height. just done right.
Attached Images

jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote