View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #24
OrrieG

Re: 1955-57 frame swap

In late but I am in the stock frame with mods camp. S10 is too narrow, you need to run adaptors to space the wheels out. Later frames are wider track which is ok IF you do not mind the higher stance. Also some have wider frame width which affects the step area and higher back kick up which affects the bed floor height. If you are wanting to keep it high and dry or 4wd not issues. If you want it low or in the weeds then go stock, get an after market front IFS kit and rear 4 link. You can get moderate lowering and keep the stock front and rear axles too.

All of the above are outlined in the build thread sections. When looking check the build dates and times. Some are guys working alone, some are shops with the resources to finish quickly. some look easy, but have 3 months between posts with little detail. Some like me just plod along posting lots of detail hoping to help others and to help my feeble mind keep track of what I have done (yes I do go back thru my own thread as a reminder!(.

I also agree that a lot of started projects become someone elses great deal if you do not have the time, resources, patience and understanding spouse to complete it in a timely manner. Choose what fits your end vision and level of expertise then dive in. Good luck and have fun.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote