View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
hugger6933

Re: limited slip option code #

The White label in the glove box of your truck has a bunch of numbers and letters strung together in several rows. To anyone just looking in there it looks to be jibberish, but if you know how to read them or at least know what they are for it is a wealth of info on your truck. it is called an RPO label stands for regular production order. and it starts out life as a printed sheet of paper [old car/truck guys know them as build sheets] and they are the first thing in the building of your truck and it goes along with it on the line telling man/computer what to put on it. From frame to brake type and springs to weather or not it has keyless entry all thing about your truck are on that code. The G80 is the posi/limited slip code and it would be right next to the axle ratio something like a GU6 or GT4 GT5 something like that. There is a code book that I had gotten from GM at one time telling what all RPO option were but it has long been lost I am sure it is on the internet, if it is the only thing that is not. Did you know there are other things on the net other than car parts? I had no idea! Man. Hope this helps. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote