View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #16
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter View Post
those look great!

my dad trucked for 45 years...he had a guy polish his wheels on a weekend hold-over in CA one time, the guy used a mixture of mothers aluminum polish and lighter fluid. he would combine them in an old pan on the stove under low heat. surprisingly enough, it worked pretty well. i always carried a water bottle filled with it in my toolbox on my 79.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tip View Post
Lookin good, man! Keep it up, it will be worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
WOW!

Nice Job!
I really appreciate the encouraging words. The more people who interact with me on these build threads, the more motivated I stay. I can't very well live with myself if I drop the ball in front of half the members on the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUISER View Post
Yeah what he said. First time I read your update I misunderstood you and thought that was the backside of the rears because I'll say inside/outside of them. Maybe I'm still crossed up, you're not polishing the *frame* side that well are you? They look great.
I've been polishing the sides that show when installed on the truck. If I have enough polish left over though, I'll do a real quick clean up on the back sides though. Just so I have something pretty to look at while I'm underneath the truck doing work in the future. Not a full blown job like I've done to the outsides, just a little tune up.

Which reminds me, I need to grab a pair of stock dually wheels and blast and powdercoat them black for the inside wheels on the back. I don't want anything but black showing through the holes in the outer Alcoas.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote