View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 03:59 AM   #3
mikentosh

The Chassis

After walking through the vendor displays at a few Good Guys shows I knew I needed to consider at least a subframe swap. Spindles and springs weren't going to do it for me this time. The quality of components has definitely improved in the 12 years I've been away, but I have noticed that most of the stuff is geared towards bagged drops now. I'm more interested in a performance static drop. I saw that Porterbuilt offers a coilover setup, but I wanted something a little more dedicated. Around this same time I was flipping through an issue of PHR magazine and came across their Muscle Car of the Year 2012 article. That's where I first heard about The Roadster Shop, and their '70 C-10 shop truck The moment I saw that I knew this is the direction I wanted to take my build.

After a few calls and emails back and forth with the guys I have an order placed for a fast track chassis! Its going to have double-adjustable Penske coilovers all around with a 4-bar setup in the rear. I'm planning to run a square setup for wheels with an "aggressive" tire size, which should make it handle like a giant go-kart.

Build time is 8-12 weeks so I'm hoping to see it sometime before Christmas. Until then I'll have to resort to watching their other C-10 build thread

While I'm waiting its time to gather all the other parts for this resto-mod...
mikentosh is offline   Reply With Quote