View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #230
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
hey Dug,
that little honda 70 brings back a few memories. my son and i fixed one up for my kids back when they were little. he learned a lot but unfortunately didn't get to drive it much because he sprouted like a weed and it got too small. he graduated to an xl100 the following year, which he also had to go through. my daughters took over the 70. just by looking I would say you got a better one than we did to start. you have the better handlebars, front forks etc. make sure to smooth out the rusty spots on the forks before you sit on it or the rough spots will take out the fork seals. also remember to fab up a guard for the muffler or your leg will be sorry. you will have a scar to talk about at the lake though, ha ha.
good luck, there isn't that much to those old bikes, that is why they are still around.
I am waiting for a call back from the guy with the trailblazer. it is an inline 6 truck with the running gear etc still operational after a roll over. we will see if it is straight or not.
thanks for the info. maybe if I spend enough time I will be able to figure out how to start a project build thread for my old 57. lots of mistakes there...
You really need to start a thread. It is profoundly easy to do and, once you do it, it will become part of the build process. The help you will get from the other builders, if for motivation only, will be worth it. Hey, get one of your kids to do it. They can figure out any of the high tech stuff. Added a ride height photo from Jan 2013 which was just before I yanked the cab and front clip off of it.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote