View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #450
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

With the floor pan resting in the correct location at the back of the cab, it was immediately obvious there's a mismatch between the outer edges of the floor and the bottoms of the A-pillars ...like about 1-1/2" total. The tunnel was bumped up against the brace due to planning two steps ahead instead of three or four. However, the fix was to make a bridge to clear the hump. I clamped it in place instead of welding it in case I need to spread the A-pillars. Right now I'm wishing I had the firewall back so I can compare the flanges where they meet. However, I don't recall there being a big gap at the bottom where the firewall meets the kick panels.

I did some research on the forum on installing a full floor, but most of the fitment issues were between the firewall flange and the floor, not that the floor was wider than the spread between the bottoms of the A-pillars. Will have to wait until the firewall is back to see what I'm going to have to adjust. (As in pie cut, hammer, port-a-power, heat, bend, curse and etc.)
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote