View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #1287
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Oh Murph, Im first in line waiting.
Thanks Greg, you know I am your #1 fan too !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@rnut001 View Post
What a cool idea! Good luck with it, you are great with your ideas on your truck. Keep it up and keep the updates coming our way.
Thanks Owen, it has been a real challenge so far !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
I'm in the crowd that is enthusiastically waiting to see how this turns out. Your out of the ordinary ideas are always dazzling!
Thank you Mark, I decided if I was going to tailor a build to what I really wanted, then the sky should be the limit....or maybe not... the moon perhaps? LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
I'm #4 Watching and Anticipating…
Evaluation at this point... Very nice way of Raising that bar...
Well thanks Don, but I doubt I am rasing any bars.... a few mugs of beer though is a different story. Too many guys with great skills around here for me to compete with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Great thinking Michael.
You know I love the "make it up as you go along" design ethos once you have a vision of where you are headed.
Now here's a bit of sideways thinking from your original design.
Would the mechanism from a Mazda Miata MX5 pop up headlight unit with some slight mods also be able to give you the same effect if you shortened the actuating lever to double or increase the radius of travel?
Thanks for the process tutorial.
I dont know about the Miata units, there weren't any in the local junk yard for me to cannibalize, nor did it occur to me. The actuators I got are off a Honda Prelude circa 97-98ish....? In looking back, I wish I had spotted the '87 Fiero sooner as it seems their actuators are geared to open/close or push/pull whereas the Honda ones are a full 360* turn, with a set 160* -ish sweep for the headlight doors. The Fiero ones would have saved me many days of tinkerings to get the action correct for the doors....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Ok, I gots ta know!
Always good to see you checking in on me LowElco!! I think you been in on this since the start....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
More more more!
Its coming !!
Gotta give you guys time to digest all this so I dont over load you !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a View Post
oh hell watch you go again blowing our minds wide open
Well, Ok.....
Not really sure what to say to that, I hope you like it.
Though I realize I am chopping the hell out of one of these trucks to suit myself; but in the end I guess I am the one that has to be seen in it...

It is going to be kinda fun at car shows though, I think..... hahahahahah

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote