View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #32
Jahloha

Re: For Gramps (1970 C20 RestoMod)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
You made the tear down phase look easy!

You going to make the truck a smooth/ slick side? Just curious, I'm a big fan of the trim on these trucks. I think it's another thing that makes different and nostalgic.
No offence intended either if you are smoothing.
McBassin:

Yeah bud, in the creative process of this restoration, I have been riding the fine line between building something Gramps will recognize AND something that suits everything I want.

So that being said, there are four things I plan on doing that aren't "original":

removing lower trim and going smooth, spraying a bed liner, putting hd coils in front and back (to assist with my height, getting in and out), and installing a radio that has an aux out.

Outside of these things, I am keeping everything the same. Although these are some sort of large changes, I think the day I roll up at Gramps house, he will recognize his truck, but also appreciate these changes. haha, at least I hope.

If you want a quick look at the exterior final product I am hoping for, check this out:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595472

Scroll to Derotoreut's blue truck. Thats the look I am hoping for, but obviously keeping my Hugger Orange and White Top.

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote