View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #8
68_Shortbox

Re: Let's see your homemade crafts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Thats a neat knife ,all I make is messes .
Thank You! It definitely wouldn't of turned out the way it did if I didn't make a jig to hold the blade still when I beveled it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwright View Post
A couple of my holsters.

Very nice! Is that kydex on the top and leather on the bottom? I still need to find something that I can use to make a good sheath out of. For now I just made one out of cardboard and gorilla tape to keep me from stabbing myself in the leg haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I have made quite a few things in my lifetime. It seems like I always choose the hardest things to make so I usually only make one of them. I never use kits because I like to build things from scratch... It started when I was young. I used to build Crystal radios and balsa wood model planes when I was in my teens.. Some of the things I have made are: a tooled leather holster and belt, clocks (quite a few of these), stained glass, metal toys, a dry washer (for prospecting), A Dulcimer, a knife, did some metal casting, and a couple of display cases. Oh, and the wife and I built our house, from the ground up...

Here are a couple of pictures of the dry washer and one of my grandson holding the Dulcimer. The Dulcimer was built from hand cut Cherry wood from my uncles farm in Indiana. The pictures are kind of small.

LockDoc
Very nice work! Did ya find any gold? That Dulcimer is very cool, someday I want to try and build a guitar from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
A few years ago - I took some old growth western red cedar on my place ,,, had a friend who owned a portable sawmill/ cut them into boards 3/4" thick..then with my table saw /miter saw/sander and the gluing ,nailing and varathane wood stain.plus coating I made 52 of these types cedar chests ..

Mighty fine work, they look great!

1968 Chevy K/10 short box fleetside (my project)
1969 Chevy Z/28 Camaro (my dad's project)
1968 Chevy C/20 long box fleetside (parts truck)
68_Shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote