View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #7
Dave Reed

Re: Air suspension stock arms, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I think schrader valves are fine for the rear but I wouldn't do them on the front where steering/height control is so much more critical.

For such a mild front drop, spindles & coils up front; bags out back. Good ride, maintain cargo capacity, cheaper, & no hassles w/maintaining psi up front (manually) for alignment.

Spindles w/a 1" drop coil (or trimmed OE coil) wouldn't need a custom shock as travel would be very similar to OE dimensions. If anything, relocating the upper mounting point is easy enough. If just swapping bags in place of the rear coils, No Limits has a nice shock relocation set-up that gives better geometry/leverage vs the stock positioning. Spend the money on good OE perf shocks (I like Bilstiens).

C-notching isn't required until the ~6" drop mark. If you do the 3/5 don't worry about them. If you go more than 5" in the rear, opt for them.
If lowering blocks are used in the rear, shock length is not impacted as much as just swapping shorter springs/bags.
Do a longer Panhard bar to minimize rear axle side shift.
I am leaning more towards a 4/6. I did not realize that the front would have an issue with geometry using bags. I want daily driver reliability since it will be driven probably 10k miles per year.

C-notch
track bar
shock relocaters
spindles front with new spring
bags rear with schraders

are the bilsteins adjustable?
Dave Reed is offline   Reply With Quote