View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #31
russgoodman

Re: Project "3Face"

I'm trying to gather up patch panels and get the truck in for rust repair with Kyle. I'm wanting to get the floor shifter removed so we can patch the floor. Got the linkages and column shifter handle from the parts board. Got the column lubed up and the handle installed.

I couldn't figure out how the linkages attached so I had to run over to a friend's house and look over his truck. I was amazed how molested my truck is compared to a one-owner, all original truck. Now I know how to hook everything up and what parts I'm missing. Hopefully I can get the two shifter levers that bolt onto the side of the trans here shortly.

Also notice that the PO removed the speedo cable in order to install the floor shifter. Ugh, it never ends with the hack job on this truck.

When I put the rear axles and new brake shoes/drums on, the pass side drum was really hard to get on. I figured the e-brake was hung up. I lubed it up some while I was under the truck. I noticed that the exhaust was actually resting on the parking brake cable, pushing it down quite a bit. I removed the right side of the exhaust from the long tubes back. Another pic of the craftsmanship using flex tubing for exhaust.
Attached Images

2008 GMC Sierra Denali - 6.2L AWD - my daily
2011 Ford Flex Limited - Ecoboost AWD - wife's daily
1987 Buick Regal Turbo T - 63K miles - Strip/Street car
1965 Ford Mustang Coupe - 289, c4, 53K miles
russgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote