View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Going to lengths for legroom.

A good chunk of you guys have seen me post whore my truck around here, and I really love it....but I just can't get past this legroom thing.

Some people might laugh, and ask WHY I then put hundreds of hours into body/paint/interior/engine and drivetrain swap etc...in something thats a little too small; because I really love this truck.

That and I had back surgery a year ago, and the seating position is a little hard to maintain with my current body mechanics. I need a little more "stretch" to my legs. I already have a tilt colum and smaller wheel, with the column "inward" as far as it can be adjusted. I'm running Procar lowback buckets on custom brackets, as far back as they can go while still maintaining a little bit of lean for comfort. Even past that, my gas peddle is about 1" back from its old position, allowing for a chunk more legroom....but I NEED MORE!!

SO...lets talk going to LENGTHS for LEGROOM.
Have any of you thought of or done the following;

Cut the back double-wall to gain the extra 1" for the seatback.

Change the seat heights drastically to gain a better angle (if not actual room)

*Now it gets crazy*

Cut the back cab wall OUT mini-truck style and boxed the area between the cab and bed. This is hard to explain but was done on mini-trucks to fit pass-through subs and stuff like that. I figure it would allow for the low-backs to slide even further rear.

Cut/boxed/tubbed the drivers foot well so I can recess the pedals farther. This would be the best solution in my head, but I KNOW how big of a pain it could become.

I'm pretty serious on all this tho. I love my truck, and since my surgery I don't spend as much time behind the wheel. This is a shame, since FINISHING the other phases of the build were what got me through cancer mentally. I've got plenty of cash into it already, and I'm not content moving onto something new...cuz nothing holds a place in my hart like this thing does.

Lets talk. I've got the cash, probably the tools, probably the skill, and probably the time....just not a good plan.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote