View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #104
jimdaug

Re: True C5 Rear Disc w/ internal parking brake in the works

Excellent job!

I'm interested in doing this mod on a 1970 C10. Actually, I was inspired a few weeks ago by your thread on pro-touring using the LS1 brakes and was disappointed when the thread ended with you putting the Dodge brakes on. I've been trying to figure out how to do the conversion since then. Now it's a couple of weeks later, and I found this thread and the one on Full Size Chevy. What an Awesome solution.

I'm guessing the Corvette backing plate works a little better because you're using those three holes the 'vette hub bolts into instead of having to re-drill the 12 bolt axle flange.

I just finished my first basic CAD degree so I'm intimate with AutoCAD and Inventor and can probably re-create something similar. Also, I'm thinking about trying to use either 'vette J55 13" rotors, or Avalanche 1500 13" rear rotors which are 6x5.5 already so I wouldn't have to get new axles. But the Avalanche rotors are a LOT deeper than the 'vettes, 3.75" compared to less than 2".

That being said, I don't know if JustN got your last kit or not. If not let me know. Something readily available is more desirable to me than having to find a machine shop around Plano, TX. There don't seem to be that many.

Again, nicely done.

-James
jimdaug is offline   Reply With Quote