View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
LONG 2B LOW

4l80e swap questions???

Ok, so a month ago my 99 NBS Silverado lost its 4th 4l60e, my truck has a
4.8 and is 4x4 with the autotrac transfercase and I'm considering a 4l80e swap, I'm really trying to avoid going back to a 4l60e because they are basically a time bomb and I don't want another one that's just gonna break down the road, I'm aware of the gearing differences and realize that I will be sacrificing some fuel mileage. as far as the mechanical aspect and the x-member fab I can handle all of this, the part I am unsure of is the segment swap in the pcm, I don't know of anyone that programs so I have no one to consult on this issue but what I have been told so far is that a 4x4 4.8 equipped truck has never been backed by a 4l80e so there's no available program to swap in the pcm. I know that expess vans have had 4.8's with 4l80es but obviously not
4wd. if anyone has any knowledge of this being done or of literature on this swap I would really appreciate hearing about it. thanks in advance.

btw I know this has been done with trucks that are turbo'd and there's not much useful info there for me since these trucks have full tuned pcms or stand alone tcms, I'm attempting to avoid a full custom tune
LONG 2B LOW is offline   Reply With Quote