View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #103
Jahloha

Re: For Gramps (1970 C20 RestoMod)

UPDATE:

As the thread suggest, I have been scratching my head on how to get my garage to a decent temp in order to prime my frame. Because I could not find a solution, these past three days have been horrible because I was held at a stand still. Which for my personal project, is not good.

I started researching all types of heating, with the understanding that I wanted a low cost/non permanent option. I finally came to the conclusion, with the help of other members, to buy a propane top heater and build a temporary enclosure for the frame when I prime and paint.

I ended up buying this from HF with a 25% off coupon, came to just over 50 bucks:

http://www.harborfreight.com/30000-b...ck-to-top-link

I ended up buying the last one there was, needless to say, Utah has been dang cold lately, she said she started the week with about 50 and I got the last one.

So I took it home, set it up on a tank I had laying around and turned it full blast to see how quickly it could warm up a space and how warm it got:
Name:  New Heater.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  36.4 KB

After a 10 minute hiatus tinkering with this for my daughter (an old entertainment center Im turning into a kitchen playlet):
Name:  photo-3.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  48.6 KB

I was extremely happy to feel a noticeable change in temp near my truck and frame was not cold at all to the touch. This was without building the temporary surrounding as well. So this positive outcome led to continuing my work on prepping the front end for paint. I did more wire wheeling, disconnect steering and unbolted from frame, and also disconnected my brake lines.

Sorry for the boring update, but hey, it was a crucial decision for me haha.
Attached Images

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote