View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
monte0185

Re: Project "Haulin Crap" 1986 CC dually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
DON'T use silicone. It draws water. You will get Big Rust. Go to the nearest body shop supply and ask for seam sealer, or some other pro-level sealer. Please.

In other news, That truck is screamin' for a big system. A bit more drop on the rear was the way to go. Someone in the early nineties really loved red tweed, huh?
Yeah itll get a few speakers but nothing to fancy. I had the big systems back in the day and now as long as it makes a little more noice then the truck im good. Unless the truck has a big cam or supercharger then i prefer to listen to it instead. LOL. As far as the tweed yes they did. and now its all dried out and falling apart at the touch of it. Hoping i can get all of it removed along with the glue then just dye it or else its going to the upholstery shop along with the seats. The dash pad and headliner are going anyway. Thanks for the tip on the seam sealer. I didnt think of that.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote