View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #1363
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Ok, now you're just being a tease. Give a little, take a little back, give a little, take a little back.
I think this is the first time a guy has called me a tease....not sure how comfortable I am with that...
Trust me, it is better this way.
Given the amount of time I invested in this, and the spans between workable/acceptable progress were so lengthy that it would have been less humane to post it as I achieved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a View Post
your right on that low elco he is teasing us ...come on its christmas mcmurphy lol
Just hang in there Pirate, when all is said and done, it will be well worth it.
I am not Peter Jackson after all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
Table of content is the best cure for a rainy day.
Thanks for mentioning that, I need to update mine....hint received !!

*********************************************************************************************

A couple of noteworthy mods that were needed for this to work, and I think should be shared:
These are the cutouts into my inner fenders I had to make in order to clearance the door actuators.
Name:  25nov13 actuator cutout in fenders (1).jpg
Views: 652
Size:  54.0 KB
At the end of the day it turned out to be much less than I had anticipated; the majority of the headlight assembly is below the fenders, and is accessed from the wheel wells.
I am totally cool with that, just have to figure some way to baffle it from tire spray.
Name:  25nov13 actuator cutout in fenders (2).jpg
Views: 648
Size:  44.9 KB

Since a large part of my grill support bracing was removed to accomodate the head lights, I made these to suppliment the support.
Name:  24nov13 (1).jpg
Views: 653
Size:  37.0 KB

Name:  24nov13 (2).jpg
Views: 653
Size:  30.5 KB

Name:  24nov13 (3).jpg
Views: 645
Size:  38.5 KB

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest