View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #232
Chief Alaska

Re: Let's see some 73-87 1 Ton Dually Pictures!

Here is a different one, it's a 1982 GMC K3500.
It started life as an USAir-Force Ambulance in Iceland, driven by a medic from Alaska, as I found in the papers and pictures in between the seat cushion. I bought it in England, or better said I traded it for a ex Royal AirForce Bombardier Bombi which was used as a mosquito sprayer somewhere on an island in the Pacific, as was told to me.
It had a 350 V8 with a TH400 transmission with NP 205, part time 4x4. it used to have a huge winch driven by the PTO but the English owner took it off and I have no idea what I need to replace it with.

I live in the Netherlands, Europe and I have changed the truck from Ambulance to a off-road camper. As seen on one of the pictures I made some sort of slide-out which is my bed so I have a little more space in the inside, just enough to sleep, wash and cook...
The original paint was OD green but I painted it in MERDC camouflage which I like better. The many add-ons are some kind of jokes to fool a little around 'cause we're not really liked since it is an army kind vehicle. I use it for camping and offroading.

Chief Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote