Thread: 87' 4x4
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 12:10 AM   #129
Greenlee

Re: 87' 4x4

I got my Vintage Air installed. It wasn’t too difficult, just time consuming. I put a vacuum on it for about an hour and the gauge didn’t move, so looks like there are no leaks. I put in two 12 oz. cans of Freon and it seems to be working good. It’s been pretty cool here so I haven’t had a chance to test it on a hot day. The heater works great.

For anybody using this kit with a late 80’s / early 90’s Serpentine belt set up, the stock belt is a couple inches too short for the new compressor. It took some guess work to find the right belt. I think the part number for the belt that fit was for a Crown Victoria. Also, the compressor is on the opposite side so the Vintage Air hoses are too long and have to be cut down.

Give me your honest opinions on the air cleaner. I had just got the fancy K&N top for the stock air cleaner, only to find out the stock air cleaner hit the new compressor. I cut the neck off for a temporary fix, but now I’m thinking it doesn’t look too bad with the neck cut off and I might leave it this way. The cold AC line acts as a cold air intake.

Here is pic of the control panel. The fan on this thing pushes a lot of air!

Also, check out my homemade door inserts. Just a few dollars from the fabric store.

Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote