View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #218
Cameron 1137

Re: '72 C/10 Custom Cruiser Project

So comes the day when we headed out for Lake George. I spent the morning buttoning up some things getting ready to go and we finally headed out. Normally from my house to Lake George the trip is only about 2 1/2 hours even on back roads. Everything started out okay the first hour or so of the journey went relatively uneventful. Then the engine started to bog down like it was losing fuel so we limped to the closest gas station to try to figure out what the problem was. We thought it was a bad fuel pump so me and my dad headed to the closest advance auto to pick up a new one. We put it on in the parking lot and an hour and a half or two hours later we were back on our way and everything seemed to be okay. Maybe 10 or 15 miles down the road we started to have the same problem so we pulled over again to try to figure it out. After quite a while of thinking we figured out that the pick up tube in the gas tank must've fallen off sometime during installation or just generally getting knocked around before was put in. So thinking like MacGyver I stole some of the vent hose from the tank and used it to re route the gas line directly into the fill spout of the tank, cutting out the pickup tube all together. This did the trick and we made it the rest of the way to Lake George without a problem, although it did take us about seven hours to get there in the end!

Here are some pics from when we got to our motel, the sign seemed fitting.

Sitting in the lot

tilt!
1966 Chevy Corvair 500, "Marigold" SOLD
2005 Subaru Outback Wagon DEAD
2008 Pontiac G8, New Winter/Daily
Cameron 1137 is offline   Reply With Quote