View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #58
77 ChevySport

Re: Decal Replacement/77 Chevy Sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
To: 77chevysport---- Just wondering if you still have the sport truck with the hard to find stripes? If so has anyone indicated that they found a company to reproduce those? I have talked to a car graphics place and they said that if each panel could be photographed with a measuring tape to show width, color band, and reference the locations of each stripe panel they could possibly do a reproduction. Width of each appears to be the important measurement.
Luckyone:

FWIW & JMHO

Yes;we still have it. Now stored/sealed with a Private Collection (Group of People).
Have tried for years to get a duplicate set of stripes with no luck. I have my
doubt if anyone can duplicate these. (Not the size or shape but the color tones involved) Perhaps a big graphics company given the job and given the OK to do it with "COST AT NO OBJECT" deal. I think our best bet is to hope 80Sport will get one to restore. He has a company out there that has done stripes for other Chevy Sports for other years with good results. It seems to me he has the resources to get it done. Once done others can order the stripes from his company. One also has to use common sense to restore one of these trucks. As much as we all like these trucks we can not kid ourselves in the fact they are not in the same league as Corvettes/Camaro's as far as value after the restoration. Of course this is JMHO as indicated. Larry
77 ChevySport is offline   Reply With Quote