View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #2
NC_John

Re: 1970 C10 LWB "Blu"

Things are going to happen quick now....

I am on the schedule at my buddy's body/resto shop. He has a $2 million (yes, MILLION) dollar Shelby Cobra in there right now waiting to get picked up and hauled back up to NJ.

This car has got a really early SN and some serious documented racing pedigree giving it the crazy value....

When this one gets picked up, a $65K Austin Healy is coming in......

Then Blu!

They're doing the outer rockers, cab corners, bottom of the kick panels, one cab support and my front fenders. David was a little perplexed why I wanted him to leave all the blue paint alone and only blow in white below the lower molding where he'll be doing all the work. He was ready to do a frame-off for me. Maybe later.... I want to run the patina'd paint for a while.

The Austin Healy should be done by Mid-Feb so I have to rush like crazy to get mine ready to go as soon as he's ready.

This weekend I am painting the frame with a coating David recommended (he uses it on all the cobras and GT-40's that roll through his place).

http://www.tat-co.com/products/speci...ip-guard-4313/

Then the engine is going in sometime next week. It's pretty much ready to go. The transmission is done and I just picked up my clutch kit yesterday. My CPP motor mounts just came in. I'm going to bolt it up but not plumb or wire it (won't have time with all the other prep). (I don't know why the pic is upside down....)

I'm going to have to bring him my new rad support on Monday- he'll be in the booth spraying black and has a satin that he says looks great underhood.

I need the rad support painted so I can get the front clip back on (he wants it on when I bring it to the shop). The engine is going in prior to the body shop for one very good reason.... David is going to do the alignment on all my panels so I'd rather put the engine in now while its easy and let him do his magic on my sheetmetal. He is going to save me hours and hours (if not days) and he'll do a way better job than I could ever dream of.

I'm bringing him the truck without the bed and with the bench seat and gas tank removed. (I'll do some work to the bed later). I'm wondering now if I should c-notch it before I put the bed back on.... Hmmmm.....

I scored a set of mid-60's poverty caps that are on their way from the seller in Canada. Those with a set of freshly painted but low-key steelies should look fantastic.

My rad is being recored by a local old-school shop. They are using my original tanks and putting in a new 3-row brass/copper core that'll be better than anything aftermarket I can get. It'll be a perfect fit and I'll still have the original tanks and factory tags on it.

When the truck gets back from the shop (end of feb, beginning of march), I can finish the engine and engine bay and knock out all the rest of the stuff on the punch list to have it ready to go.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote