Thread: Project: Shiro
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #24
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

Re: Project: Shiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdadfox View Post
Hey Buck cool plans for the truck. Have you thought about getting another frame to build with all the Porterbuilt stuff and engine swap...etc? You could keep the truck in its current state and take care of some of the body issues and minor stuff and still be able to enjoy the truck as is. I find alot of projects get put on the back burner and intrest is lost and are sold off. All the cruise nites kick off next month it would be a shame not to enjoy it before tearing it apart. Now if i can only follow my own advice....i tear everything apart as soon as i get my hands on it!
Thanks bro! I have thought about using another frame and I happen to have one lying around. I guess it must be the tiny bit of purist in me but I prefer to keep the frame with its original cab and such. That way the numbers on the title, VIN tag, SPID, and frame all match. As far as the cruise nights go, I'm not really interested in taking to any at this point. Honestly, I don't find it enjoyable to drive. The carb needs work the gauge panel lights are possessed, which bugs the crap out of me. I have a couple of small projects to keep me busy while I'm waiting for the rest of the PB kit to arrive. I am also lucky enough to have Hart_Rod just up the road so I can hitch a ride with him. I appreciate the advice and look forward to seeing what you bring to Cruisin’ the Coast this year.

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD

1968 SWB Step Side 503 Light Green