View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
NC_John

Re: 1970 C10 LWB "Blu"

I got the front clip finished last weekend- cleaned, wirewheeled and painted with John Deere paint (the semi-gloss black has a perfect finish). I am stoked at how clean the frame is after a little bit of cleaning. It kills me not to be able to completely tear it down, media blast it and finish it properly but I'll do that in a few years. I bolted my new CPP motor mounts on.

Yesterday I gutted the cab (seat, carpet and gas tank) to get it ready for the body shop. I got my cab mount bolts loosened up and did the gas pedal conversion for the cable throttle. I did some detail and cleanup work on the firewall and then really got to work....

The engine finally, after several long months, got off the stand and assembled with the flywheel, new clutch set and freshly gone-over transmission.

And then- a buddy and I got it planted back in the truck. It went pretty good- we didn't bump scratch or damage anything. We had to really fight to get all the motor mounts lined up (especially the rear mounts), but we got it done without having to use a lot of "persuasion".

I am a pretty happy guy. I can start tinkering around now bolting on the accessories and other stuff. I'm getting my newly painted repop rad support back and then can bolt the front end back together around the new powerplant. I'll be about ready to fire it up when it comes back from the bodyshop.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote