View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #10
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane M View Post
I can't wait to see what you do the the GMT400 4x4.
I use your builds and the videos from SWRNC on youtube as inspiration that doing it right the first time and not taking short cuts is the only way to go when I get that "screw it" attitude when crap starts to go wrong.

I also appreciate the fact that you stick to a budget, but take care of things with attention to detail and use of quality components.
Thank you for the kind words. I'm pretty quirky when I do stuff, being particular about stuff that most folks don't even think about. Lately, it's made me start to rethink selling my trucks like I have always done. I've undervalued my work in the past and sold good trucks to folks who don't appreciate the work and expense I took with the project. Now, I'm keeping my stuff more and kind of settling in to collecting my "last" trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
I have followed this thread avidly and I am somewhat saddened to see it come to a close. Your attention to detail and workmanship are outstanding, we should all be as fortunate as you to have apprenticed under someone as meticulous as you have. (That is, I know I would have appreciated it.) I cannot think of any other truck or build on here that the owner can walk up to with the assurance that you can, that the truck will perform as intended.

Very much looking forward to your GMT-400 build.
I'm excited about the K2500 project too. Probably more excited than I was about this one. I do think there will be a bit of delay before it though. I need to do some work on my tractor and stock trailer. I might make threads about those projects in the Alternate builds section on here. I have to haul my animals to be bred by April so I can have calfs in January. I just committed to buying a beat up stock trailer which needs maintenance and my tractor badly needs repair so I can mow my field and improve the grass quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
I have followed this thread as well. I went back and looked to see how long it has been. My how time flies, over a year. Can't wait till the next one gets started.
I did lay off of this truck for a lot of that time. I just figured winter was a good time to try and finish this one up. Winter is almost over and so is the project. That 4wd is calling my name !

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendman View Post
Little late to the party, just catching up in this thread...
The wheels look awesome!!!! Gotta hunt a set for my K30.
Man, I sure suffered for those wheels. I always wanted a dually with Alcoas and I paid the price to get it, but I'd sure not be too excited about doing it again.