View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #21
JimJones

Re: 4x4 Suspension Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbash View Post
JimJones

Regarding #2 Your going to get conflicting opinions on crossover steering. I have it on my truck because I was unhappy with the stock steering in my first lifted 69.

I copied this from Off Road Designs web site for you. They are selling the cross over parts so take it with a grain of salt and do your own research. There are plenty of illustrations of cross over steering if you google it.

"The straight axle GM trucks suffer from some serious steering problems, one of the biggest is due to poor geometry. The factory GM steering will fail to steer the truck when you're in twisted offroad situations. In fact, there are many times when the steering box is all the way to lock and the tires are pointed straight! Our solution to this is a "crossover steering" system where the draglink runs side to side instead of front to back. This dramatically improves the steering geometry and makes turning to the axle stops possible under all conditions."
What kind of "off road" situations is this applicable in? Does somebody like me who is planning on a mild lift if any at all tire size 33 - 35 max need to worry about?
JimJones is offline   Reply With Quote