View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #23
dieseldawg142

Re: 4x4 Suspension Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJones View Post
What kind of "off road" situations is this applicable in? Does somebody like me who is planning on a mild lift if any at all tire size 33 - 35 max need to worry about?
would'nt even bother with it. unless you plan on stuffing your tires & getting COMPLETELY twisted up. i've skyed tires, dropped them a foot, buried them to the frame, & i have never experienced what ord says.
my blazer i ran cross over with 42's on a 12" lift-yes they are good off-road, but on-road you will feel it kicking your wheel more. for what you plan, a stock style set-up is cheaper, & has way better road manners. my crew is running 8" lift with steering block & dropped pittman & draglink (approx 10 yrs now) & i have never had steering issues with it, on the freeway at 55 or twisted up a 20 degree hill, it has always been 1 finger steering.
i have run both styles & unless it's a hardcore dedicated trail machine, i'll take the push-pull every time
JimJones, measure center to center the spring bushings. unless there custom or swapped out, they will be 2 1/2" wide
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote